Wednesday, May 14, 2014

`Little Gidding in `Maybe One Day


Even the weather in its inconsistency is at least routinely inconsistent...  But as I struggle up this 40-year hill, I have to consider what I will see at the top...  As the 70-year old me beats his chest, who's going to hear that roar of success...?  Hello?  Exactly, no one...  In the sea will I wash.  The swell of the sea is just kind of swell.  I enjoyed today.  
What a brilliant film!  The cinematography and soundtrack, the script and acting.  All converge to make for a lifetime in a day for this man.  It reminds me of this little bit from a poem:

T. S. Eliot- 1955
TS Eliot
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
From `Little Gidding (part V), by TS Eliot.

No comments:

Post a Comment