Wednesday, June 4, 2014

`The Room (2) Cross Art, Multimedia Projects


(image credit)

`The Room is a cross art, multimedia project focused on housemaid abuse and domestic violence in general.  Besides its staging, I want to create a film that parallels the play, but because it is a different art medium, it will expand on the play and portray the theme differently.  But before embarking on that film, I want to create a set of short films, including animation, that can reach a wider, world-wide audience.  I want to tell the stories of these victims as well as their perpetrators, if at all possible, via photography and poetry.  So such an exhibit, perhaps set up on stage, will be part of it.  Finally, I plan on an advocacy initiative.  What if we can eliminate housemaid abuse and domestic violence? is what I ask myself and others.

So, in summary, `The Room consists of five projects:
  1. A five-act play
  2. A feature-length film
  3. Short films, including animation
  4. Photography-poetry exhibit
  5. Advocacy initiative
I've already sketched out the play, but over the next few weeks, I plan to resume my research and to draft the script in earnest.  If you're interested in knowing more or getting involved, please e-mail me at Ron.Villejo@drronart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment