Friday, November 28, 2014

Meryl Streep Calls Out Pretentious People


(image credit)
I absolutely love this. Meryl Streep is the grand dame of acting on film, stage and TV, and is so accomplished that fellow actors can only crack jokes at how regularly her performance is nominated for an Oscar (18) and frequently won an Oscar (3).  That's just the Academy Awards.  She has had so many that Wikipedia has to installed a separate page for List of awards and nominations received by Meryl Streep

I can relate to what she says:  I have an old friend who seeks out my counsel, and has engaged me in numerous projects, but repeatedly fails to follow up and follow through.  He is a sweet guy, and he talks a good talk.  He has embarrassed me with my own colleagues, as recently as six months ago.  So when he tried to reach me in recent weeks, I just ignored him:  I kept telling myself There simply is no need to talk to this guy, no need. 

Hooray for Meryl Streep!

1 comment:

  1. By the way she talks, she actually sounds pretty pretentious and cynical herself. I guess that it takes one to know one!

    ReplyDelete