Friday, February 6, 2015

Identity


"Living in a world where everybody wears masks due to lack of self-identity, a brave girl encounters the truth that sets her free."

This is for those who need to hear this message.

"Identity" is a project made for the youth in schools.
Don't let society define your Identity, or to tell you who you have to be.
The truth is already inside of you. Don't lose who you are.
Wow very well-conceived, well-filmed.  This short film must speak to scores of adolescents who struggle to find themselves, amid a uniformity of identities, and to stake a place in their world.  I love the reference to the Allegory of the Caves, which I draw on in Theory of Algorithms.  I can speak for myself: I want to be enlightened, and seek to be so on a daily basis.  So, too, the young lady in this film, in a discomforting, near fainting spell, lifts her mask off, and is the first of the enlightened that Plato imagined in his allegory.

No comments:

Post a Comment