Friday, April 17, 2015

Shorts on Love (6) Forever in my Dreams



Sawyer Hartman proudly noted:
For my one year of making weekly videos on YouTube, I decided to try and make my first ever dramatic short film! i hope you enjoy it. Please Share it with your friends if you liked it :)  
The entire film was written, filmed, and edited in 48 hours. costing me a total of 12 $ :)
Several comments speak to how this hastily made short film made them cry.  Perhaps it wasn't so hasty, after all, as I imagine the story had germinated in his mind for awhile.  In any case, Hartman is proof positive that it doesn't take a big budget or long timeline to make art that resonates with a lot of people.  His is one of the few short films that garnered a lot of views:  nearly 560,000 right now.  Make art that is honest, heartfelt and timeless, and you have art that is quite lovely indeed.

By the way, I fell in love with this oh so tender music Forever in my Dreams, by Fariborz Lachini, which I first listened to on Pandora.  It's supposed to be a love theme for a film, but I hadn't seen it or heard of it.  So I Googled Forever in my Dreams, and stumbled serendipitously on Hartman's piece.  Meanwhile I'll keep searching for the film, as my spirit takes me, that Lachini scored with his own lovely piece.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment