Friday, October 30, 2015

The Age of Adaline



Like photographing a flower, making a romantic film quickly settles into platitudes. But "The Age of Adaline" is an uncommon love story, indeed. Moreover, I loved it because it wasn't just a love story. It advances the idea that youthful beauty, or youthfulness in general, simply isn't what it's cut out to be. Plus, I wondered whether there was any basis at all to the scientific phenomenon that is at the heart of the film. Oh, have I mentioned that Blake Lively lays out one fine acting job, and does anyone in this community sense that I'm highly recommending this film (smiles)?
what I liked was the sophistication of her character ;)
Yep, exactly.  Blake had to play a complicated character who had something quite extraordinary happen to her and who then had to navigate a very ordinary world.  I don't imagine it was an easy role to play, but to your point she did so beautifully :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment