Friday, August 8, 2014

`Blue - Season 3, Episode 2


(click here to watch the episode)
Blue sees a very different side of Arthur. At home, it’s Josh’s turn to keep a secret from Blue while Lara and Satya get themselves into a dangerous situation they might not escape.
Notes.  As you see, the move to Hulu allows us to watch a full episode of `Blue, as opposed to piecemeal.  Also, I've had difficult embedding video from platforms other than YouTube, which may be a deliberate block by Google.  But no matter, where there is a will there is a way.

"You can tell me what the hell is so funny."  "You pay for sex and dinner-theater.  You don't pay for people's thoughts." 

"How's Francesca?"  "She's fine."  "Oh, trouble in paradise?"  "We're fine, Blue."

"Lara, is this how you live your life now?"  "How?"  "Like a gypsy, following that girl everywhere.  You could've been killed today?" 

"Do you ever think about me in the long-term?"  "No.  Baby, I'm not saying I don't think about you in the long-term.  I live in the moment, I want to take it day by day." 

Such exquisite tension between Josh and Francesca.  Their talk is clipped, even absent.  The perspective is distant, then closer, and mirrors perfectly the wax and wane of that tension.

"In my experience, men who can cook well make excellent lovers.  Are you like that?  I bet you are.  I can't wait to find out.  Am I boring you?"  "I want the other girl back." 

Blue's semblance of control is anchored in having sex, whereas Arthur's, interestingly, is in not having sex."

"So who asked out who?"  "I don't know.  No one.  I guess it just kind of happened.  I don't really think we knew what we were doing."  "Kind of like two planets colliding." 

Such good acting, such a good script, such fine cinematography.

No comments:

Post a Comment