Friday, August 23, 2013

"Love Language" and the Art of Collaboration


There are moments in life when we feel a connection so deep words can hardly describe it. But how do we know that it's real? This is the story of a boy who meets a girl and falls in love...
The Jubilee Project makes films for good causes. This film was produced to raise awareness and support for the American Society for Deaf Children.
This short film was one of my sweetest discoveries on YouTube.  I didn't read this description beforehand; I just clicked 'play' and thrust myself unknowingly into the story between this young man and young lady.  It's so well done, and I am so intrigued, that I keep looking for more on the Jubilee Project.




In our modern day media and technology, art naturally becomes a collaboration among people who probably don't even know each other.  It's collaboration that doesn't even require them to work together, paradoxically enough, but one that puts them firmly on the arc of imagination, creativity and ingenuity.  

So what I found was this remake, which garnered millions more views than the original, and I delighted in its behind-the-scenes footage as well.  Which slakes our thirst for the unpolished, personal story behind the story.



This YouTuber expanded the story, and in ways that I can love and appreciate he made do with what he had (or didn't have):
I know the camera was shaky. I did not own a tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment