Saturday, August 3, 2013

Shape of Léon and Mathilda's Heart


(image credit)
Classic, indeed. The most unlikely friendship between Léon and Mathilda was a very tender counter-balance to the violence, manipulation and loss surrounding them. 

Jean Reno in a pensive moment, perhaps in an abandoned building in the inner city of somewhere.

Jean Reno, by Antonín Kratochvíl

Natalie Portman was only 13 years old, when Léon: The Professional came out in 1994.  An impressive performance, at such a young age and in her debut film, no less.  



You get the slant of this article:  behind-the-scenes.  Sting may have just awakened, and hardly took a moment to warm up his voice, before taking the microphone with his guitarist.  I love it.  

"Shape of my Heart" is the leitmotiv of the film, and is a favorite of mine for its simple melody and deep poetry.

I know that the spades are the swords of a soldier
I know that the clubs are weapons of war
I know that diamonds mean money for this art
But that's not the shape of my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment