Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Spike Lee in the (Instagram) House!


Spike Lee Is Using Instagram To Tell Wonderful Little Stories About How He Made His Movies, and here are the trailers of the movies he writes about:


To me this Film is a Tribute to the African-American Men and Women who fought and died for the Red White and Blue from The American Revolutionary War to WWII that have been marginalized or completely ignored by The Hollywood Studio System. We salute you.

Inside Man is my Biggest Box Office Hit. I was slipped the script on the low low. Imagine Pictures had bought the Script (Auction) in a bidding War for Ronald Howard to direct. I loved the script and I reached out to my Man Denzel Washington, this would be our 4th Joint Together.

I could not believe the images I was seeing. Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4 and finally Day 5 The United States Government comes to the rescue of it’s own American Citizens. Right then and there I knew I wanted to put a Camera and a Microphone in front of these Survivors.

This was the hardest and most rewarding Film I ever had to do. Malcolm X almost put me under, it was not just the physical toll of the long shoot but it was a test to my mental toughness. When we ran out of money, we were up the Creek without a paddle. It was one of the most stressful times I had ever been in.


Crooklyn is the semi-autobiographical Story about my Family growing up in the Fort Greene section of Da Republic of Brooklyn, New York during the early 70's. My siblings Joie and Cinqué Lee had written the script before they even told me they had done it. I read it, said let me do a revision of the script. Their title was Hot Peas and Butter, I changed it to Crooklyn And it has become one of my most loved films. People absolutely love this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment